Moving an overstuffed junk drawer or closets full of stuff you didn’t even know you owned doesn’t make much sense. To keep moving day as inexpensive and stress-free as possible, de-clutter your life before you start packing. These ten questions will help you decide if you really need an item, or if you should toss it before the move:
- Is this item something I use regularly?
- If not, is it something I love?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this just in case?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I own do the same job?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix one day?
- Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning/sorting it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
Read more at lifeyourownway.net.